PhD programme is offered by the University in regular mode as per the latest UGC guidelines. The scholars admitted in the programme are required to work as full time scholars. They are also to undertake course works at least for one semester. Advertisement of PhD Programme is made every year around the first week of December. The last date of the submission of the completed forms is 31st January. The date of the entrance test is fixed on the second Sunday of February.
There is a provision of Research and Teaching Assistantship under KKHSOU-DEC collaborative project following which the selected scholars are required to assist the University in its teaching, course preparation/ design in the concerned subject for a minimum of 6 hours per week besides doing research. They are entitled to get monthly stipends at the rates fixed by the former Distance Education Council or appropriate authority. Candidates applying under this scheme shall not be above 25 years of age.
KKHSOU presently offers the following Post-graduate Diploma Programmes in credit based semester system. PGDBM, PGDCA, PGDMC, and PGDBJ are moduler that means each programme of a year is a module. Those who successfully complete these programmes shall be eligible for admission into the 3rd Semester of the respective Master’s programmes.
KKHSOU is priviledged to have been entrusted by the Government of Assam with the responsibility to train the untrained teachers with a Teachers’ Training Programme through the distance mode. Accordingly, the university developed the two year programme named Diploma in Elementary Education (DEl.Ed.) which came into functioning in 2012. This programme is the first of its kind in the North East of India. The curriculum of this programme has been designed with the help of experts from DEC (IGNOU), and the local experts taking into account the NCIE guidelines and National Curriculum Framework for Teacher Education. After finalizing the curriculum, through several meetings and consultation, it was submitted to NCTE through SSA Mission following which NCTE had given approval to the programme. The programme comprises two years, and the in-service teachers selected / nominated / deputed by the Government of Assam (through SSA Mission) are only eligible to undertake this training programme.
1) Admission shall be through the designated Study Centres only, spread all over the state.
2) For Admission to a programme, course fee is to be paid through the Bank challan attached with the Prospectus, at any branch of State Bank of India. Application along with necessary enclosures and a copy of the challan returned by the Bank after payment is required to be submitted at the recongnised study Centres within due date. [Course fee may also be paid in the form of Bank Draft drawn in favour of Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University” and payable at Guwahati.
3)A summarised table indicating the eligibility criteria of admission into the various academic programmes offered by the Univeristy along with the relevant documents necessary to be submitted along with the application form. The Study Centre will scrutinize the application forms as per the norms and qualifications required for each programme.The Study Centre will scrutinize the application forms as per the norms and qualifications required for each programme.
4)After scrutiny, the eligible applicants will be provisionally admitted by the Study Centre.
5) Intending learners with incomplete application may be given conditional admission at the University’s discretion with the condition that required eligibility documents are to be submitted latest by the dates prescribed for the purpose. Their enrollment will be confirmed on fulfillment of the eligibility requirements. To appear in the examinations, confirmation of enrollment will be necessary.
6)All the enrolled learners will be provided with the registration number,programme guidelines and identity cards.
7)Those learners who are unable to complete the programme within the specified validity period will be required to register themselves afresh by paying the requisite fee as per the University regulations.Continuous Admission:
1) After completion of a particular semester, admission into the next semester is required within one month of the last examination of the previous semester. It does not depend on whether appeared in examination, or the result of the earlier semester. Admission should be taken continuously in a Master's Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, PG Diploma / Diploma and Certificate programmes without any break. A learner will be allowed to appear in all the examinations including back within the stipulated time of a programme.
2) A learner is required to take admission to the next semester within one month from the last date of examination of the previous semester.
3) A learner will be allowed to take admission to the next semester beyond one month but within two months from the last date of examination of the previous semester with a fine of Rs. 500.
4) Under special circumstances and on special consideration, a learner may be allowed admission in the next semester even beyond two months, but before the issue of notification for filling up of forms for examination of that semester by the University on individual application with sufficient reasons and on payment of a fine of Rs. 1000.
5) A learner will however be allowed to take admission even after the issue of notification for filling up forms for examination, but such leaners will be allowed to appear in examination of that semester in the next year only. A learner is not charged any fine on such admission.
|Master of Arts (MA)|
|Master of Mass Communication (MMC)|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)|
|Master of Computer Application (MCA)|
|Master of Science in Information Technology (M.Sc IT)|
|Master of Social Works (MSW)|
For admission into MSW, MBA and MMC, a candidate, except the exempted one, must clear an Entrance Test. Questions in the Common Entrance Test shall be of objective type consisting of general aptitude, logical reasoning, data interpretation, general awareness and socio- economic issues.
After qualifying an Entrance Test, if a candidate for valid and accountable reasons, cannot take admission in the current session, he/ she may be allowed to enrol in the next session by the University on application. This condition applies to all programmes having an entrance test for admission, i.e. MMC, MBA and MSW.
Learners of M.A. in Political Science, Education, Sociology and Social Work are allowed to write answers in examinations in Assamese if they so desire. However, SLM for these Programmes have not been provided in Assamese language.
The learners are to pay the total fee for a year in the form of Bank Journal or Draft drawn in favour of
"K.K Handiqui State Open University" payable at Guwahati.Course fee will include supply of Self Learning Material,counselling session,postal charges and other unspecified costs.No Other fee will be paid to any one which is not included in the fee structure.
It has been decided that from 2015-16 session onward, exam fee will be collected along with the course fee at the time of admission in all the semesters- not only at the time of admission to the first semester.All fee are subject to revision. Revised fee shall be applicable to all learners on roll.
Admission in subsequent years] semesters should be taken within one month from the last date of the latest examination irrespective of the examination results. That means, a learner is not required to wait for the examination result for admission to the next Semester of the programme.Filling up examination forms for all examinations, especially for back papers and betterment, within due time is compulsory.